- Do I have a moral obligation to try to change the uneven distribution of wealth in America?
- How are my perceptions of social class affected by media representation?
- Are NASCAR fans of a different class than Opera fans? What are they like? Why do I have that view?
- Does America have a class problem? Is the "missing class" that Newman and Chen write about truly invisible?
- How to I perceive rednecks? What does the term mean to me? Where is the greatest risk of social injustice, race or class? How does labeling people alter general perceptions of them?
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Week Two: Myth of Opportunity
This week's readings include essays by Mantsios, Kendall, Beech, and
Newman and Chen. You need to post your usual blog of about 250 words,
referencing AT LEAST one of the essays, and respond to two posts written
by classmates. Keep in mind that the topic is individual opportunity,
and you might want to ask yourself:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment